Federal Contract Vehicles
GSA IT Schedule 70 is an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) contract. It is an IT procurement vehicle that offers a comprehensive array of state-of-the-art IT products, services, and solutions.
View Contract: 47QTCA18D001A
Enterprise Acquisition Gateway for Leading Edge Solutions II (EAGLE II)
Enterprise Acquisition Gateway for Leading-Edge Solutions II (EAGLE II) is a multiple-award indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle, specifically designed as the preferred source of information technology (IT) services for the majority of the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS’s) enterprise infrastructure and initiatives.
NASA SEWP V Contract (Subcontractor) Prime is CWPS – Connected Workplace Solutions, Inc.
Contract Number: NNG15SC31B
Contract Effective Dates: All SEWP V Contracts have an effective ordering period of May 1, 2015 through April 30, 2025. The base contracts were awarded for 5 years with one 5 year option for a total of 10 years. Each contract has a $20 Billion contract limit.
SEWP V contracts are firm fixed price contracts that offer a wide variety of IT products and product based services, including:
- Desktop Computers and Laptops
- High performance servers and data-base servers
- Mass storage and network devices
- Advanced video and visualization solutions
- Computer support devices
- Security systems and tools
- Audio-Visual systems
- Health IT
- Cost per Copy Multi-Functional Printers
- Warranty and Maintenance
- Implementation and Installation
- Product-based Training
- Product-based Engineering Services
- And many more products and services
Global Infrastructure and Development Acquisition (GLINDA) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) (Subcontractor) Prime is Vistronix, LLC
Contract Number: NRC-HQ-10-17-A-0005
Contract Effective Dates: All GLINDA Contracts have an effective ordering period of June 9, 2017. The base contracts were awarded for 1 year with one 3 one year option for a total of 4 years. The contract has a $679 Million contract limit.
From an operational support perspective, the contract BPA includes the following service areas:
- Seat Services – User-oriented hardware, software, mobile desktop, help desk, security, day-to-day user support, management/maintenance, etc.
- Network Services – Architecture for the Agency’s network(s), telephony, conferencing, Network circuit management, local area network management, hardware, software, maintenance, Network Operations Center, etc.
- Data Center/Cloud Services – Public cloud services, local data center(s), server virtualization, server images, security, performance, availability, failover to alternate site, failover within the site, standard development and test environments, etc.
- Application Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Services – Ongoing support for commercial and custom applications and platforms, administration, configuration, patching, user coordination, etc.
For additional information please contact Highland Technology Services Inc.